Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Oskar Blues Beer Dinner

Craft beer in a can? ABSOLUTELY! We went to Piccola Italia in Ocean, NJ for a beer pairing dinner. I had had Dale's Pale Ale, but none of the others. I'll definitely have more in the future.




Three course meal and four beers!


The Pils. Their "lightest" beer at 5.3% ABV.
Let's state upfront. Food here is excellent. I'm ok with salad. This salad was great.



Gordon. Soon to be G'Knight. A hoppy red. Mmmm. 8.3%.



Old Chub. A nice scotch ale. We got both with dinner. The red was a better fit for us.



A delicious Kobe Beef burger. Might have been the best burger I ever ate. (trust me that's alot of burgers!)



And for dessert. Ten Fidy. A monster. Super big beer. 10.5%. Rich, malty, strong.


Here's the Oskar Blues Gang....


Oh...and the real dessert. Somebody took a bite before the photo....that would be me.


The beer, the food and the restaurant were Great! The Red won best of show as did the chocolate mousse pie...

No comments:

Post a Comment