Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Brew Day...

Lots of new stuff going on this time. New equipment and methods... I brewed another Hefeweisen...great summer beer...




The new 15 gallon pot and high output burner....


Grains...wheat and barley..

Hops...Hallertau


My fly sparging in progress.

Now that's a boil! The new pot worked great.


It's raining hops.....



took a bit longer with 10 gallons+, but the chiller continues to work great. With the ice bath, it chilled in less than 30 minutes.



With tne new pot...no siphoning. Simply open the valve and into the carboys.


I pitched the yeast last night around 5:30. By 10:30 the fermentation had started. AND, by 9:00am I had to put blow off tubes on....and it is a good thing.... Biggest krausen I've seen out side of Ommegang.... :)



Smells and looks great.

No comments:

Post a Comment